SaveOn is a fun, passionate, and GROWING company!! We are seeking an experienced, energetic Staff Accountant to join our amazing team!
What We Do:
We work directly with reputable businesses and provide savers access to savings in their community through our integrated print and digital strategies. We are the destination for offers, coupons and deals delivered to nearly 5 million homes, monthly.
What We’re Seeking:
An individual who is passionate about working on an amazing team. This is a great full-time opportunity for someone interested in a fun, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
As a Staff Accountant, you will encompass full general leger responsibilities, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll processing, and benefits administration with reconciliation.
What You’d Do as a Staff Accountant:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting work papers.
- Prepare journal entries for month end and completes data entry into Great Plains.
- Responsible for the timely reconciliation of four business bank accounts.
- Fully responsible for accounts payable processing, with proper support and record keeping.
- Utilizes Great Plains to process vendor invoices and prepare weekly check disbursements.
- Reconciles credit card activity to receipts and codes transactions for GL entry, including Executive travel to various markets.
- Semi-monthly payroll processing for administrative and commission-based employees located in three (3) states.
- Process and calculate commissions to be paid monthly.
- Prepare various sales and compensation reports as requested by management.
- Backup for many operational tasks within Accounting Department including preparing daily deposit and daily metric reporting.
- Any other reporting or special projects requested by Director of Finance.
- All other duties assigned as needed.
- A POSITIVE personality with a drive for success that can exceed requirements
Minimum Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and/or (2) two to (four) in Accounting or Business Administration and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of administering payroll experience
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
A self-motivated personality with a drive to succeed
Ability to manage time efficiently
This is SaveOn:
SaveOn provides everyone a chance to enjoy more with those that matter most. We continually seek out new ways to connect savers to everything from major brands they know, trust and love to the small businesses and local experiences that fuel the community they call home.
Headquartered in Troy, Michigan with additional offices in Wyoming, Michigan, Schaumburg, Illinois, Little Canada, Minnesota, and Knoxville, Tennessee. The company was founded by Mike Gauthier in 1984.
Our Purpose Statement:
Together, with our trusted business partners, we are dedicated to helping Savers live life for less by saving them time and money. We are passionate about the growth of our team, business partners, and the communities we call home.
If you’d fit in with our positive, motivating, energetic, forward-thinking culture = apply today!